Glide App Example: Launch an eCommerce Store in minutes
Updated on: February 16, 2023
A Glide Apps example of an eCommerce Store that could be launched using a nocode platform like Glide Apps and Google Sheets/Airtable.
Many no-code platforms in the market today allow you to launch a webstore or an eCommerce store instantly. However, nothing comes close to the simplicity and speed that Glide Apps offers. All of this from a simple Google Sheets spreadsheet. I created a Glide Apps Template to allow you to launch your own eCommerce store in minutes.
Interested in building apps from spreadsheets and Airtable?
You can see a LIVE demo of the app here.
If you'd like some help to build an app like this, check out my Glide Apps Development service.
The Glide Apps platform is free to use for up to 500 rows of data in Google Sheets.
However, upgrading to a paid plan offers a number of advantages, among other things:
- Using your own custom domain (as compared to a xyz(dot)glideapp(dot)io domain)
- Increased data limits (25,000 rows and 10GB as compared to 500 rows and 100MB)
- Lower processing fees (2% as compared to 10%)
- No Glide branding
You can purchase this template for $14.99 in the Glide Apps Template store.
I also have a variant of this app where you can auction your work by inviting bids from your customers.
The best thing about developing an app with Glide Apps is that you don't have to worry if it's an iOS app or an Android app. You develop one app, and users from both mobile platforms can access it without any additional work from you.
That said, the template offers the following features out-of-the-box:
- A carousel of up to 4 featured pictures on the home page
- Up to 4 categories of products based on your niche
- Link to your website and your support email address
Browsing Catalog and Products
- Browsing the entire catalog in one view, filtered by category
- Browsing products based on individual categories
- Displaying OUT OF STOCK and IN STOCK status of each product
- Ability to add multiple products to the shopping cart
- In-app checkout process supported by Stripe
- Ability to add/update/remove products
- Ability to update and maintain stock levels
- Track orders in a separate tab of the workbook
You will be able to customize the template to suit your needs from the Glide App builder. Once inside the builder, you will be able to customize the app according to your taste and brand guidelines.
I don't expect you to learn Glide Apps in the next 10 minutes, but there are a number of resources available to you to learn building apps with this amazing platform:
In a world of no-code platforms, Glide Apps offers you the fastest and the swiftest way to launch your eCommerce store in minutes. In most cases, it will be free of cost to maintain, but just in case you manage to get decent traction, you can upgrade and reap the benefits of the simplicity of this platform.
Hopefully, you will have more time to work on your brand and product development now.
Other Glide Apps Examples
Examples of other Glide Apps built by me
Online Courses Directory: Helping Educational Institutes Go Online
An app to publish information about courses using Glide Apps.
Digital Menu: A Glide Apps Template for Restaurants
Launch a digital menu mobile application for restaurants using Glide Apps.
Habit Tracker: A Glide Apps Template to Build Habits
Learn how to use the habit tracker template in Glide Apps to build habits that last.