Because of my work in the CRM, Nocode, and automation space, I get approached for affiliate partnerships. Program managers always ask what would make it easier for me to promote them. So I thought I would make a partners-friendly affiliate marketing program checklist for Program Managers at SaaS/B2C companies.
Wishlist of an affiliate & content marketer
I am a systems builder. I work with multiple SaaS tools. To improve the capabilities of the tools my clients use, I have to look for other tools that will help my clients achieve their goals. So I am always in a position to transparently pitch tools that would help my clients.
This made me an accidental affiliate and content marketer.
To be successful in this role, I need the support and resources from the brands I am promoting and plugging.
So here’s my checklist that lists what would help me pitch partner products easily.
What makes a great Affiliate Marketing Program Checklist?
All things Brand/Product
- Brand Assets (brand guide, logos, illustrations)
- A one-line description of the product
- A 200-300 word description of the product
- An expert listings/directory for eligible partners
- A community for partners and experts to contribute
All things Content Production
- Access to a full-feature sandbox account
- Branded screenshots
- Sample test datasets/databases
- Shared product roadmap
- Insider news about new feature launches
All things Affiliate Partner
- Custom links to track signups
- Generate multiple links for attribution
- Incentive for users to sign up using MY link (lifetime x% discount, or an extended trial)
- Competitive % commission structure
- Ability to manually add referrals
- Easier payment options (direct bank transfers, not PayPal)
- Excellent tracking and reporting
- Single point of contact and prompt support when things go wrong