Glide App Example: Digital Menu for Restaurants
Updated on: February 16, 2023
A Glide Apps example of a digital menu app for restaurants created using Glide Apps along with the need and the advantages of a digital app.
The new normal is going to be drastically different. Unless I am totally wrong about the new normal. Some people will risk going out. At the very least, they will want to go to places that care about hygiene. This is especially true for restaurants.
When eating out, diners would want to minimize touching things they don’t have to. One such avoidable thing is menus in restaurants. There has to be a way for restaurateurs to create digital menus for their restaurants.
Enter Glide Apps.
Interested in building apps from spreadsheets and Airtable?
With Glide Apps, you can easily create a mobile app using a simple Google Sheets document.
Once you purchase this template:
- Open the Google Sheets document associated with the template
- Add the dishes from your menu to the Google Sheets document
- Customize the labels of categories in your menu
- Customize the app in the Glide Apps builder
If you'd like some help to build an app like this, check out my Glide Apps Development service.
Live App Demo and Purchase Link: Digital Menu for Restaurants
A few benefits of having a digital menu are:
- No more wasteful printing of menus when introducing changes to the menu
- Restaurants don’t have to invest in expensive tablets/phones
- Show your diners what the dishes look like with pictures
- Allow your diners to easily browse the menu by courses, food preferences, cuisines, etc.
- Display the nutritional information of the dishes in the digital menu app
- Allow customers to leave reviews for their favorite dishes
- Show the day’s specials, the most popular dishes as separate lists
- Allow diners to sort and filter menu based on their preferences
- Diners can open the digital menu app using a QR code or a URL to browse the menu on their own phones, tablets, computers
- Diners can place orders within the app, thus eliminating the need for staff to physically take orders from diners (not part of the template)
In the new normal, restaurateurs have to build trust with their diners. The process of building trust will be quicker if the restaurateurs can grab low-hanging fruits like launching digital menus. Initiatives like these will show diners that restaurants care about their well-being.
Launch a digital menu for your restaurant in minutes.
Other Glide Apps Examples
Examples of other Glide Apps built by me
Online Courses Directory: Helping Educational Institutes Go Online
An app to publish information about courses using Glide Apps.
eCommerce Store: Launch your free shop in minutes using Glide Apps
Build your own eCommerce Store in minutes without any code using Glide Apps.
Habit Tracker: A Glide Apps Template to Build Habits
Learn how to use the habit tracker template in Glide Apps to build habits that last.